About Me

My photo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Studying BA (Hons) Game Art Design at De Montfort University. It continues to be challenging as much as rewarding. Primary outcomes include 2D and 3D projects and 2am coffees.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Almost time for the Colosseum

My Gladiator has coming along very well, mostly thanks to the Symmetry Modifier which has saved a lot of time and effort. Being excited in making armour for most parts of the body, I did find that I exceeded my budget. I was eager to create the Maximus Helm from Ridley Scott's Gladiator, and I did.



However, even when I had made it as basic as possible whilst retaining its distinctive shape, I had to ditch it, it was too much, if I had used it, my model would have been practically nude to be within budget. In removing the helm, I used my regained tris to bolster the facial detail and am considering usng alphas for long strands of hair, however I do not have enough for the entire head, so I will see how it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment