About Me

My photo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Studying BA (Hons) Game Art Design at De Montfort University. It continues to be challenging as much as rewarding. Primary outcomes include 2D and 3D projects and 2am coffees.

Sunday 7 October 2012

Thus begins round two

Yes I will admit it would seem that I was caught within the radius of the exexutioners swing, but I was able to redeem myself and now I'm back, given another chance.

Year 2 is here after what has felt like almost half an entire year, so it's time to get back into the swing of things and work hardER! Unlike this time last year I now know what's up ahead and what is expected of me, although I am still curious and shitting myself about UDK, since it will dominate most of this year AND the whole of next year, but I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So given all this time off I am relieved that I did do some work, I chose the summer project title 'Rain Forest Crashsite' since I had always had issues getting my alpha channels to come out right, and thankfully, no major issues arose during the creation and I am rather pleased with the end result.


As stated before I'm still in a state of envy over other peeps digi work, I'm getting there but I would be even better if I just did more of it, aside from the random doodles in little sketchbooks, the only accomplished pieces I did were a couple fo portaits. Having brushed the dust off the intuos (shocking I know) for the first time in about a month or so, I found they went bizarely well first time round.

 
 
So already my diary is full of activity, having spend most of the week down at Abbey Park doing thumbs and sketches. British weather was in its prime, as in I had to stand and wait for the perfect shot of sunlight in a photo etc.
 
 
 
 

 
This final was my bane in all honesty, I broke into my habit of doing each of the leaves ONE BY ONE, it was only after 2 hours later that I fully explored the brushes and found ideal ones to make trees look fancy and simple. Lost track how long this took overall, but the end result was definatly worth the hassle.
 
Off to see the trains tommorow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment