About Me

My photo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Studying BA (Hons) Game Art Design at De Montfort University. It continues to be challenging as much as rewarding. Primary outcomes include 2D and 3D projects and 2am coffees.

Sunday 30 December 2012

A working (retail) Xmas

Unfortunatly I have been rather laid back this holiday. This is mostly due to the fact that I have returned to work at Sainsburys this holiday as I could use the extra money and because they need all the help they can get at this time of year.  As expected it has been chaotic in the build up to Xmas Day and even after that, yesterday one woman spent over £450, and that was without any booze! A week a o you would think she was thinking the world really WAS going to end, but look what happened after all that, nothing. So yeah as per usual I collapse on my bed as soon as I cycle back from a shift of having to deal with incompetence with customers who can't use the Self Checkouts.

Back on task, I did start a 3D project on making a modified Santa's Sleigh. I began by making several ornate skates for underneath, but stopped after I began shaping the main body, feels rather pointless picking it up now that the festivities are pretty much over. Other than that my only other piece of work was making a painting of Gandalf I did in anticipation for The Hobbit 'more festive' so I could use it as a card cover for relatives.



No comments:

Post a Comment